Monday, April 8, 2013

How I Paid for (Most of) My Vacation in one hour!

Summer is approaching fast and and many people are looking into booking a vacation now to get away from life's routine for a week or two. I recently booked a trip to Barbados and the best part is that the whole vacation is practically free! All I had to do was take a look at my bills and cut out a lot of the fat.


A co-worker of mine had recently told me that I could get a discount off of my cellphone bill due to our employee discount program. I decided to walk down to the nearest store for my carrier with my ID badge and pay stub to speak with a representative. I was in for a surprise! I was able to save ~$15 a month from my discount alone and another $5 per month by fixing my bank's automatic bill pay (I had it set on the wrong day and was late every month). On top of that, I was on an outdated plan and was able to get more data for another 10 dollars less! The whole process took 20 minutes and I ended up saving $360 per year plus taxes just on my cell phone bill alone!

Naturally, I then took a look at some of my other bills and saved:

  • $17 per month on Cable after dropping HBO (I buy seasons of Game of Thrones on iTunes instead for $38.99 per season)
  • $20 per month on Netflix (Cancelled DVD subscription after watching all the movies I wanted to).
  • $55 per year on Contact Lenses (Rebate from a major online retailer)

All-in-all, by the end of 2013 I will have saved $726 after doing an hour of work.. I only had to put in $200 dollars on top of that and I had round-trip airfare and an all-inclusive hotel to stay at for 6 days!


Stay tuned and remember to bookmark this page and read up more on how to maximize your budget and how to live like a Millionaire Bachelor!





'Till next time, live smarter, not harder!

QCXEUXUP48KB 

No comments:

Post a Comment